How to find Housing - Sangamon County Edition
There are case managers at homeless shelters who can help you find housing at a meeting. There are other ways though and I'm here to cover them.
First, the local library has a case manger for a few hours a day that helps with many things if you stay at the mission. She has helped people gather identification as well as find subsidized housing.
Second, your insurance if you have medicare helps with food, housing, and needs. They have a courtesy call that I need to answer soon. But this is another way.
You can go to Urban League or Public Housing Authority and get a list of services. PHA helps you get on section 8, now housing choice voucher, when they are open for enrollment.
If you have a drug problem, there is family guidance center that will help you with a residential program. You have to be a drug user getting off the sauce, however.
Whatever you choose, I hope this was helpful. Please subscribe.
Comments
Post a Comment